Thursday, February 25, 2010

Well Today......

After Luna got out of school, we ran all around town looking for a Blue Jay shirt for her. Tomorrow is "Blue Jay" day at school. We went to 7 stores before finding it! At Friend's Market we didn't find a shirt, but pick up a cute bow. Then Stacey told us to go across the street to Unique Design. So we headed across the street, no one was home, so I called up Jarrett. He was actually at Wal-Mart picking up some supplies, so we decided to hang out until his assistant came in. Not a minute later he drove up and we got to look and their collection of shirts. I love how they have so many designs. They had a really cute pink one, but not in Luna's size, so we went with the original blue color.
Thanx guys for the shirt and bow, your shops are both awesome.
I'll post a pic tomorrow, after Luna is all dress up in her blues :)

When we got home, I was greeted with the smell of burnt beans. I only burnt them a little, but man can they stink up a house quick. Later I have the recipe that I used the beans for.

I started editing the last wedding that I'm working on. I didn't get too much done on that today (more work for me tomorrow), cause my sister-in-law contacted my to help her make some magnets to send out with her wedding invites. So I started working on that. I think I found one they like. Also I was on the hunt for a pattern to make flower girl dresses for Luna and her cousin D. I think we found that too, I just need to go find some fabric.


Well, I promised you a recipe, so here it is.
Tostadas with beans, cheese and chilies :)

Well first off, don't burn your beans!!!!
I use black beans, better for you and taste better, after you boil your beans refry them. Saute onions in a lil oil first, then add your beans.

The cheese is Mexican soft cheese. Crumble the cheese in a bowl with chopped onions.

The chillies are Guajillo Peppers, they are a dried pepper, purple in color. These peppers are sweet with little heat. Boil the chillies down in a pot of water about five or six of them. After the chillies are soft, blend them with a little fresh water until they are the consistency of salsa. After that saute some onions in a pan and put the chilies in there. Let it come back to a boil.

Now for the tortillas. Fry corn tortillas in a lil oil until hard like a tostada.
Top with beans, cheese and chillies, and enjoy!!!


Well, it wouldn't be a day without Luna doing something funny. Some how she got a hold of a piece of Juan's pistol and put in on her finger for a ring. I think she was embarrassed to admit it was stuck. Juan had to get it off with some dish soup. Juan thought I was crazy for capturing the moment, but I want to remember it and show Luna when she is older and remind her of all the crazy things she did.
I love that girl, never a dual moment with her!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx! I love comments :)